Do Not Wait to Call Us for Gas Leak Repair
If you have a gas leak – or even if you just suspect you have a gas leak – then you should call for help immediately. This is a potentially serious and dangerous situation that you do not want to wait on. The good news is that you can call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service at (866) 261-3329 for 24-hour emergency service throughout the Inland Empire and within Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. The better news is that we offer fairly priced and comprehensive gas leak repairs.
Learn the Three Steps to Recognizing a Gas Leak
There are three elements of recognizing a gas leak that everyone should know about. They are:
- Look. If you see that there is a damaged connection to a natural gas appliance, a dry patch of grass, a fire or explosion near a pipeline, or dirt or water blowing into the air, then this could be a sign of a gas leak.
- Listen. Unusual sounds such as hissing or whistling can be signs of gas leaks.
- Smell. Natural gas is naturally odorless but has a smell added for easier detection. If you notice this rotten-egg smell, then you likely have a gas leak.
Again, do not wait to contact Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service at (866) 261-3329 when you need gas leak repair.
What to Do if You Think There is a Gas Leak
If you determine that it is likely you have a gas leak, then you should follow this advice:
- Get out of the area with the leak
Call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service at (866) 261-3329
- Do not try to shut off the valve yourself
- Do not turn any electric switches on or off
- Do not use your cell phone, garage door opener, doorbell, telephone, or even a flashlight in the vicinity of the leak
- Do not strike a match or smoke
- Do not try to start or stop any vehicle
Never assume that someone else is reporting a leak – always call for help right away.