You Have Found the Right Plumber to Help with Slab Leaks
If you need help with slab leaks, then you will be happy to have found Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service. You will not find a company that takes your total satisfaction more seriously throughout the Inland Empire and within Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Call us now at (866) 261-3329 to get a free estimate, to get answers to your questions, or for 24-hour emergency help.
Four of the Most Common Causes of Slab Leaks
A slab leak can occur for many different reasons, but these are four of the most common:
- Poor installation and pre-damage. When a home is being built, it is not uncommon for some materials to get treated a little roughly. However, if your pipes are damaged at all, there could be long-term issues. If the pipes were not installed correctly, they are not likely to function correctly – which can result in a slab leak.
- Shifts in the ground and/or foundation. Houses natural shift on the foundation, and the ground can shift as well. This is going to cause some amount of pressure to your pipes, but too much pressure can lead to slab leaks.
- Abrasion. When water is flowing through pipes, the pipes will naturally expand and contract. This can create issues if the pipes are exposed to concrete, gravel, or other pipes because the pipes will rub against the other item until the pipes wear down.
- Corrosion. Pipes are underground, and as a result they are going to come into contact with soil. If you have certain types of pipes (most commonly copper) then they can corrode as time goes on.
While this is not a comprehensive list of the reasons for slab leaks, they are four of the most common causes we see.
Learn the Most Common Signs of Slab Leaks
These leaks are underground, which means that you might not notice until serious damage has already occurred. However, if you know what to look for and keep an eye out, you can call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service to repair them before they become serious. Some of those signs include:
- Sudden and unexplained increases in water bills
- Cracks in basement walls or baseboards
- Hearing running water when no water is in use
- Low water pressure
- Moisture or mildew under your carpet
- Your water meter dial moves when pipes are not in use
Standing water around the outside of the house
- Damp or warm floors
- Mold issues or moldy smells
If you notice these or other issues, then we recommend you contact Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service at (866) 261-3329 so we can come to take a look.