A toilet is one of your home’s most used plumbing appliances. After a while, all this use and cause wear and tear to your toilet. Parts can become clogged or damaged with age, affecting the function of your toilet. If you’re experiencing toilet problems in Riverside or San Bernardino Counties, give Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service a call. We have the tools and training to tackle just about any toilet problem you may be experiencing.
Here are seven signs that your toilet may need repair:
- Persistent clogs. Toilets shouldn’t clog regularly. Your toilet could be clogged for several reasons: you’re using too much toilet paper, a blocked toilet trap, you have an older low-flow toilet, you’ve been flushing the wrong things down the toilet (such as sanitary wipes), or even a damaged sewer line. If you’re having to break out the plunger several times a week, it’s time to call a plumber.
- Faulty or inadequate flushing. If it takes several flushes to clear the waste from the toilet bowl, the problem could be due to low water levels in your tank, a clog in the trap, or a worn-out flapper.
- Toilet leaks. Leaks are one of the most serious toilet problems. Your toilet could be leaking for several reasons, including a crack in the bowl or tank, a worn-out wax seal at the base of the toilet, or a damaged toilet component. Toilet leaks need to be addressed as soon as possible as they can cause water damage to your bathroom’s flooring.
- Suction or gurgling noises when you flush. These types of sounds are often caused by a blockage in the drain vents.
- Your toilet is constantly running. These types of problems are usually caused by a worn-out or damaged flapper seal or a float that needs to be readjusted.
- Your toilet won’t flush. This problem could be the result of a broken flush handle, low water levels in the tank, a damaged float, or clogged rim jets.
A loose toilet seat or bowl. These kinds of problems are usually caused by loose or damaged bolts.
If you’re experiencing any of these toilet problems, contact Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service as soon as possible. While some of these problems can fixed with DIY solutions, others may indicate a serious plumbing emergency that requires the services of a licensed plumbing professional. Ignoring a toilet problem could have serious consequences, including high water bills, mold growth, water damage, and health risks.
Toilets are built to last, but they don’t last forever. If you are having constant problems with an old toilet, it might be time to get a new one. If you’re experiencing the following, it may be time to get rid of the old toilet and replace it with a new one:
- Your toilet is decades old
- You’re having to repair your toilet regularly
- Your toilet no longer flushes correctly
- There is a crack in your toilet tank or bowl
- Your toilet is always clogging
- Your toilet is constantly leaking
- Your toilet won’t stop running
Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service has been providing reliable, affordable toilet repairs since 2016. No toilet problem is too difficult for us to repair. If your toilet is beyond help, we can remove the old toilet and replace it with a new one.
We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services, so one of our Pomona plumbing contractors is available whenever you need toilet repairs. You can reach Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service through our website or phone us at (877) 298-8105 to schedule a service call.