Few plumbing problems are more frustrating than having trouble with your toilet. While most toilet troubles don’t qualify as plumbing emergencies, they can complicate your life in all kinds of ways. For most Pomona, CA homeowners, the sooner toilet problems are addressed, the better.
Common Toilet Problems in Pomona, CA
Some of the more common toilet problems Pomona, CA, homeowners experience include:
- Clogs: Clogs are one of the most common toilet problems. Toilets get clogged when too much material or the wrong types of material are flushed down the toilet.
- Overflowing toilets: Overflowing toilets can be caused by clogs, sewer line backups, or a malfunctioning float mechanism.
- Sewer line backups: Deep clogs in a sewer line can cause a toilet to clog, backup, or overflow.
- Broken flush handles: Problems with the flush handle can make it difficult to flush your toilet.
- Running toilets: Running toilets waste a lot of water; this problem can be caused by a faulty flapper, fill valve, or overflow tube.
- Leaks: Leaks can occur around the base of the toilet or in the tank and can result in water damage to your flooring.
- Weak toilet flushing: Weak flushing problems can be caused by issues with the flush valve, flapper, or water levels in the tank.
- Loose toilet seats: Loose bolts can cause your toilet seat to become loose.
- “Wobbling” toilets: If your toilet is wobbling or feels unstable, it may be due to loose bolts, an uneven floor, or a deteriorating wax ring.
- Rusty metal components: Rusted, corroded components can affect the function of your toilet.
- Faulty fill valves: Faulty fill valves can lead to inconsistent water levels or constant refilling.
The good news is homeowners can fix many of these problems themselves. Most clogs can be cleared with a plunger or drain cleaner. Loose toilet seats can usually be fixed by tightening the bolts that hold them in place. Repairing more serious toilet problems, like persistent clogs, sewer line backups, and “wobbling” toilets may require the attention of a trained plumber.
If your toilet is giving you trouble call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service. We’re available 24/7 to tackle whatever toilet problem you may be experiencing. Our team of licensed Pomona, CA plumbers will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and perform whatever repairs are needed.
Is it Time for a New Toilet?
Toilets are built to last, but they’re not built to last forever. After a while, all the use can take its toll on your toilet. There will come a time when you’ll need to replace it.
Here are some signs that it’s time to get a new toilet:
- Your toilet is decades old
- Your toilet is in constant need of repairs
- Porcelain cracks in the tank, bowl, or seat
- Persistent clogs (persistent clogs may also indicate a deep clog in your home’s sewer line)
- Your toilet is leaking around the base
- Your toilet doesn’t flush correctly
You may also want to replace your old toilet if you’re renovating and want a newer, more modern model that matches the new decor of your bathroom.
Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service can remove your old toilet and replace it with a new one. Call us at (877) 298-8105 to find out about our toilet installation specials.
The Professionals to Call for Toilet Repairs in Pomona, CA
Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service has been delivering dependable, affordable plumbing services to home and business owners across the Imperial Valley region since 2016. Our team of licensed, insured Pomona plumbing professionals are available 24/7 to repair just about any plumbing problem you may experience.
You can reach us through our website or call us at (877) 298-8105 to schedule a visit from one of our Pomona, CA, plumbers.