Of all the plumbing problems homeowners in Pomona experience, water heater issues are without a doubt the most frustrating. We use hot water for everything from bathing to washing our dishes and clothes. When you experience problems with your water heater, you want them resolved as quickly as possible.
Some of the most common water heater problems homeowners in Pomona encounter include:
- No hot water
- Water is the wrong temperature – too hot or not hot enough
- Not enough hot water to keep up with your home’s demand
- Water leaks
- Your water heater is making strange noises, such as banging or rumbling
- Discoloration, strange odors, metallic taste, and other water quality issues
If you’re dealing with any of these problems, give Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service a call. We provide expert water heater repair, maintenance, and replacement services to home and business owners throughout the Riverside/San Bernardino area. You can contact Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service at (877) 298-8105. We’re available 24/7 to deal with any plumbing problem that’s giving you trouble.
Do You Need a New Water Heater?
After a while, the constant daily use will start to take its toll on a water heater. Corrosion, sediment buildup, and other issues can affect its performance. While regular maintenance can prolong the life of a tank water heater, there will come a point when it will have to be replaced. In most instances, a typical tank water heater will have a useful lifespan of only around ten years.
Inland Empire homeowners have many options when it comes to selecting a new water heater for their home. In addition to the traditional tank water heaters, you can also consider:
- Tankless water heaters
- Solar-powered water heaters
- Heat pump water heaters
- Tankless coil/indirect water heaters
Factors to Consider When Selecting a New Water Heater
It’s important to consider factors like hot water demand, initial costs, and operating costs. While storage tank heaters tend to be the least expensive option, other types of water heaters, such as “tankless” on-demand water heaters use less energy and have longer lifespans.
Here are a few tips to help you find the right water heater for your home:
- Select a water heater that has an appropriate FHR (first-hour rating) based on your family’s peak-hour demand for hot water. (Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service can help explain the various FHR options.)
- Determine the energy source that’s best for you. For instance, natural gas, propane, and oil water heaters are more affordable to operate compared to electric options.
- Consider non-traditional options such as heat pump water heaters or tankless water heaters.
- Select a water heater with the highest possible energy factor you can afford. Heat pump and tankless water heaters are more expensive than traditional water heaters but provide better long-term energy savings.
Pomona’s Preferred Choice for Water Heater Repairs, Maintenance, and Installation
Water heater problems can make life difficult. Call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service whenever you experience water heater problems in Pomona. Our team of licensed Pomona plumbers have the tools and training to quickly diagnose and repair your water heater. If it’s time for a new one, we can recommend a replacement, remove your old water heater, and install the new one.