Leaking pipes are one of the most common causes of water damage in Pomona, CA. The problem is, you may not realize you have a leaking water pipe until it’s too late. In this post we’re going to share some of the warning signs that indicate you may have a leaky pipe and the problems that can arise if the leaking pipe is not repaired or replaced.
Most water pipes are hidden from view in walls, ceilings, and floors. This means you could have a leaky pipe and not even know it. A few of the red flags to look out for include:
- A sudden, unexplained increase in water usage
- Higher than normal water bills, even when you’re not using more water.
- Water stains and discoloration on your walls and ceilings
- Wet spots on a wall, floor, or ceiling
- Warping or buckled flooring
- Damp or water stained carpets and rugs
- Persistent low water pressure
- Mold and mildew growth
- Musty odors
- You hear the sound of running or dripping water inside your walls
If you’ve been experiencing any of these problems, call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service without delay. There is no such thing as a minor water leak. Ignoring a leaking pipe could result in disaster.
The sooner you get that leaking pipe fixed, the better. Even a minor leak can cause major damage to your home and property. Here’s a list of some of the water damage that can result from a leaky pipe:
- Damage to walls, ceilings, flooring, carpeting, etc.
- Foundation damage
- Mold growth and damage
- Increased water bills
- Damage to personal property such as furniture, rugs, clothing, books
- Loss of important documents as well as irreplaceable personal items like photo albums, scrapbooks, etc.
- Water quality issues
- Damage to electrical systems
- Water stains, chipped paint, warped wallpaper, and other aesthetic damage
The damage could be even more severe if you operate a business. Production delays, revenue losses, forced closures, inventory losses, bad publicity, and even legal actions are a few of the ways your business could be impacted by water damage.
There can be several reasons why your water pipes are leaking:
- Loose or damaged connections
- High water pressure
- Corrosion of metal parts in pipes
- Poor repairs (especially DIY repairs)
- Temperature extremes
- Your pipes are old and worn out
Soil settlement, erosion, seismic activity, and root intrusions can cause outdoor pipes to leak.
Ignoring a leaking pipe even for a few hours could cost you thousands in water damage. Do the smart thing – call Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service. We’ve been provided reliable, affordable plumbing repairs to homes and businesses throughout the Pomona Valley since 2009. Our team of licensed Pomona plumbers have the training and tools to tackle just about any plumbing problem. This includes special equipment to detect hidden water leaks without having to tear up a yard, wall, or floor.
Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service is available 24/7 to handle whatever plumbing emergency you may be experiencing. Contact us through our website or call us at (877) 298-8105 to schedule a visit from a Pomona plumbing professional.