Low water pressure is an issue all homeowners in Pomona, CA, periodically experience at one time or another. In a lot of cases, the low water pressure is the result of work being performed on municipal water lines. In these situations, regular water pressure is usually restored after a few hours. However, if you’re experiencing persistent low water pressure, a home plumbing problem may be to blame.
Problems Caused by Low Water Pressure
Low water pressure in a home can lead to several issues that can impact our daily activities and affect the functionality of various water-using appliances. A few of the common problems caused by low water pressure include:
- Insufficient water flow: Low water pressure can make it difficult to perform basic daily tasks such as showering, washing dishes, or doing laundry.
- Poor performance of water-using fixtures: Faucets, showerheads, and other fixtures may not perform as intended due to low water pressure.
- Slow drains: Low water pressure can slow down the drainage of water from sinks, tubs, and other fixtures.
- Problems with water-based appliances: Low water pressure can affect the operation of appliances like washing machines and dishwashers, which may not function optimally with low water pressure,
- Fluctuations in shower temperatures: Low water pressure can cause fluctuations in shower temperature. Some plumbing systems rely on consistent pressure to balance hot and cold water.
- Water heater problems: The performance of water heaters may be affected by low water pressure, leading to increased wear and tear and potentially reducing their lifespan.
- In addition to these problems, low water pressure can also affect lawn irrigation systems and the effectiveness of sprinklers, hydrants, and other fire protection components.
Causes of Low Water Pressure Issues
If the city’s not to blame for your low water pressure problems, then what is? You can be experiencing low water pressure for many reasons. Some of the common causes of low water pressure include:
- Water leaks in pipes or joints
- Blocked or clogged pipes
- Corroded pipes restrict the flow of water through a pipe
- Damages of malfunctioning water meter
- Closed or partially closed water valves
- Water heater problems, such as a malfunctioning pressure relief valve or a sediment buildup in the tank
- Defective pressure regulator
- Design flaws in your home’s plumbing system
- High water demand
Addressing Persistent Low Water Pressure Requires Professional Help
It can sometimes be difficult to determine the cause of your low water pressure problems, especially if a hidden water leak or deep clog is to blame. If you’re experiencing persistent low water pressure issues in your home, give Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service a call. Our team of licensed Pomona plumbers possess the skills and equipment to quickly diagnose the cause of your problem and provide effective, affordable solutions.
Preferred Plumbing and Rooter Service has been delivering dependable, affordable plumbing services to home and business owners across the Inland Empire region since 2016. Our team of Pomona plumbing professionals is available around the clock to repair just about any low water pressure or other plumbing emergency you may experience.
You can reach us through our website or call us at (877) 298-8105 to schedule a visit from one of our Pomona, CA, plumbers.